Make sure to save some energy for our after dinner presentations! Evening programs start at 8:00-8:30 pm. Check the bulletin board for updates.
Update as of 8/30/2017: Here is a tentative listing of our 2017 evening presentations:
- Friday Sept. 15th - WELCOME MEETING - FHW's own Mike and Joyce Deren will help us welcome all new comers as well as old friends with an evening of introductions,
information and fun surprises!
- Saturday Sept. 16th - COMING SOON: THE COUGAR RETURNS TO THE EAST - Susan Morse of Keeping Track will introduce
us to cougar biology and ecology in the habitats where she has studied them, from Alberta Canada to the Mexico border. We will also ge the lowdown regarding the latest confirmations of cougars in the eastern US and
- Sunday Sept. 17th - HIKESAFE: THERE AND BACK - IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! - Ryan Matz, Snow Ranger from the Mount Washington Avalanche Center will
provide an overview on the HikeSafe and Trail Stewards program. He will focus on Search and Rescue Operations and prevention.
- Monday Sept. 18th - CLIMATE REALITY PROJECT - FRACKING WASTE BAN - Vinnie Brancato will inform us on how the Food & Water Watch is leading the effort to ban fracking waste
being used in CT. Learn what we can do to protect our environment and our public health.
- Tuesday Sept. 19th - HIKING AND SKIING IN THE ITALIAN DOLOMITES - Eric Parker, new comer to Fall Hiking Week will take us on a tour of the Italian Alps, by boot and ski.
- Wednesday Sept. 20th - THE FALL HIKING WEEK PLAYERS PRESENT: PLAZA SUITE - Circa 1968, New York City's Plaza Hotel. Let Neil Simon and our own
play readers make you laugh out loud at this brilliant comedy!
- Thursday Sept. 21st - THE TUCKERMAN BREWING COMPANY - Matty Burkett, a recent addition to the Tuckerman Brewing team, will give us the ins and outs of this unique New Hampshire brewery in nearby Conway. Come and taste a Fall Hiking week post hike favorite. Over 21 please!